Set default printer showing Operation could not be completed error (error 0x00000709)Printer Set Default Error 709: Here we would suggest a method to rectify Default printer set error 709. When you try to set your printer default, If the printer showing this error "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709). Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network" you can solve the problem by the following steps.
Steps to rectify the "Default Printer Error 709" problem.
- Click Start button then type 'Regedit.exe' and open it. (If you use Windows XP, you should Open 'Run Command' and type 'Regedit' then press OK button)
- You should go to the location as mentioned below. 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows'
- Right click on the 'Windows' as mentioned above location, then select 'Permissions.
- You should select 'full control' on the "Permissions for Windows" box. Then click Apply and OK button.
- Restart your PC
- After restarting your computer, you can set Printer default.